WWE 2K season has arrived which means that the company will be hyping up WWE 2K20 over the next few months ahead of its October release date. Today it was officially confirmed that Becky Lynch and Roman Reigns will be the cover stars for WWE 2K20, and the full cover can be seen below.
“My career has been about breaking barriers and doing what nobody else has done before,” Lynch said in the press release. “Being the first female Superstar on the cover of a WWE 2K video game is no exception.”
Features confirmed for the game include:
- A new 2K Showcase mode spotlighting The Women’s Evolution, which follows the accomplished careers of WWE’s Four Horsewomen: Lynch, current SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley, Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks.
- The debut of WWE 2K20 Originals, a collection of 2K Showcase downloadable content designed to let players explore new playable worlds and experience unique themes beyond what’s available at WWE 2K20’s launch.
- The ability to compete as male and female Superstars in MyCareer and Mixed Tag Team Matches.
- The return of WWE Towers mode, including an all-new Tower inspired by the storied career of Roman Reigns.
- Updated controls to make WWE 2K20 more accessible to new players.
2K has also released a video of Xavier Woods breaking down the gameplay.
Multiple premium editions of the game will also be available, including the following:
- The WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition, which contains a copy of the game with special packaging, a complete set of WWE 2K20 Originals, access to the Accelerator, MyCareer Kickstart, WWE SuperCard limited edition cards, additional digital content offerings including the WWE 2K debut of Chyna as a playable character and more.
- The WWE 2K20 Collector’s Edition, which pays homage to the 20th Anniversary of SmackDown and contains the same features as the Deluxe Edition plus exclusive and rare collectibles.
WWE 2K20 will be released on Oct. 22, 2019.