Last month Bobby Roode told The Peterborough Examiner that he had not yet officially signed a contract with WWE, but it looks like he may have finally put the pen to paper. PWInsider is reporting that Roode signed an official deal with the company at the NXT tapings in Florida last week. Roode was reportedly backstage but obviously he did not appear in front of the live crowd.
The official WWE UK Twitter account apparently jumped the gun on a big Bobby Roode announcement. The account posted a string of Tweets announcing talents for the NXT tour and Roode was one of the talents that was included in the announcements. Apparently someone caught the slip up because they did the old tweet and delete.
Bobby Roode to wrestle NXT UK Tour pic.twitter.com/gscg6o3t1M
— Mat Men Podcast (@Matmenpodcast) May 6, 2016
As far as Eric Young goes, it was recently reported that Eric Young still hasn’t signed an official deal with WWE. Young confirmed the reports during an interview with Niagara This Week.
“We are working on contract stuff now, but there isn’t a final pen to paper yet,” Young said.
Young also talked about how his NXT debut came together and he said that he hit it off with Triple H right away.
“It was in the works. I was supposed to go and talk with Hunter (WWE executive Paul Levesque). They reached out to me and there was an opportunity,” said Young. “Hunter and I hit it off right away, joking like we had known each other for 10 years. About half way through the day he called me aside to see if I’d be interested in doing a promo with the NXT champion Samoa Joe to start the show. I went and grabbed my stuff out of my rental and we got to business. The crowd reaction was insane. I figured it would be decent, but it was insane.”