Earlier this year a number of surprising names were released from WWE including Malakai Black. Recently Black was confirmed for a few upcoming shows with PROGRESS Wrestling, and he is now a free agent.
Fightful Select reports that there was preliminary contact between Major League Wrestling and Malakai Black a number of months ago. The two sides were reportedly in touch a few weeks after Black’s WWE release.
Those familiar with the situation have claimed that the conversations didn’t go very far, and no progress was said to have been made. However, it’s being said that things didn’t go awry between the two sides.
Malakai Black is now a free agent and it’s being said that talks have not picked back up between Black and MLW. AEW sources have also reportedly claimed that as of now they have not heard that Black will be returning to All Elite Wrestling.
Black last stepped into the ring during the April 17th episode of Friday Night SmackDown when he competed in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Stay tuned for updates.

