Tonight’s episode of WWE SmackDown Live is set to take place from the Legacy Arena in Birmingham, Alabama, and it will be the go-home show for the Battleground pay-per-view.
WWE has announced that United States Champion AJ Styles will be teaming up with Shinsuke Nakamura to take on the team of Kevin Owens and Baron Corbin on tonight’s show. Mike Kanellis will also be making his in ring debut as he’s set to face off against Sami Zayn in a one on one match.
Sunday night at the Battleground pay-per-view, Jinder Mahal is set to defend his WWE Championship against Randy Orton in a Punjabi Prison match, and Jinder will be bringing the Punjabi Prison to SmackDown tonight.
WWE Superstars being advertised for this week’s episode of SmackDown Live include WWE Champion Jinder Mahal, John Cena, Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, Charlotte Flair, Dolph Ziggler, Shinsuke Nakamura, Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin, Carmella and more.
WWE is focusing on the following points for this week’s episode of WWE SmackDown Live:
- Jinder Mahal brings the Punjabi Prison to SmackDown LIVE
- WWE Battleground opponents square off in tag team showdown
- John Cena to address Flag Match in exclusive interview
- Mike Kanellis to make in-ring debut against Sami Zayn
- Will Breezango find the truth?