Andrade recently confirmed that he requested to be released from his WWE contract, and on Sunday night the company officially announced that his request had been granted.
Prior to his WWE release Andrade last appeared on WWE programming back in October of 2020, and it didn’t seem that the company had any plans for him, despite the fact that Charlotte Flair revealed she pitched for them to be paired together on TV.
Former WWE star Epico recently spoke to Sportskeeda about Andrade’s release, and he said that Andrade told him he was tired of sitting in catering every week.
“I’m happy for him. He’s put in his time there, he’s put in his time outside of WWE, he deserved a better spot and now doing his own thing, nobody can cut his wings off and he can fly high and do what he knows to do best. Right now he’s one of the best in the world, second to none. On top of that he’s one of my good friends.
I was just talking to him today, cracking some jokes and just talking about his future and the future looks bright for him. I’ve been talking to him. I saw him in Orlando two weeks ago and he was like “they are not doing anything with me and it’s not a matter of the money but me following my dreams. I hate sitting at catering every week. It’s pretty toxic when you look at it that way. You’ve got the best performers in the world over there. Just look at the locker room.“
As previously reported it’s believed that Andrade has no non compete clause and that he’s free to work wherever he likes immediately.